Technical Account Manager Job Description
This Technical Account Manager job description template can be posted to online job forums and career pages for the recruitment of candidates. You can modify the requirements and responsibilities given in this template according to the specific need of your company.
Main Responsibilities of Technical Account Manager:
- Provide technical support to customers for supporting the pre-sales as well as the post-sales processes
- Address product-related questions in a timely manner
- Train customers for effectively using the technical products
We are hiring a qualified Technical Account Manager for overseeing and addressing the technical needs of our customers.
What does a Technical Account Manager do?
A Technical Account Manager provides technical services (e.g. accurate product, business and technical knowledge) during the sale process so as to ensure customer satisfaction and build long-term relationships.
In order to succeed in this role, you must have the ability to explain all sorts of technical information such as product requirements and details to non-technical customers. In addition to that, you must be a results-driven, tech-savvy and goal-oriented professional.
So, if you like to work in a fast-paced environment and qualify our requirements, we would like to hear from you.
- Providing technical support to customers for supporting the pre-sales as well as the post-sales processes
- Addressing product-related questions in a timely manner
- Training customers for effectively using the technical products
- Establishing best technical support practices
- Keeping track of all metrics for the purpose of analyzing sales performance
- Liaising with the sales department for winning new business prospects and increasing sales
- Analyzing the needs of customers and suggesting upgrades or new features for meeting their requirements
- Reporting on the performance of products
- Identifying solutions for reducing support costs
- Informing developers on the customers’ feedback for helping them identify potential problems as well as new features/products
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a relevant field
- Prior experience as a Technical Account Manager
- Strong technical background along with extensive experience of using digital technologies
- Experience with front-end development as well as relevant software
- Ability to identify customers’ needs/problems and provide timely solutions
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal as well as written communication skills
- Exceptional time-management and organizational skills