Makeup Artist Interview Questions
Use the below-given Makeup Artist interview questions to discover important skills in your prospective Makeup artist. Tailor them according to your needs.
Operational and Situational questions
- What do you apply to a client’s face before starting the makeup?
- If a client asks you what is the aptest foundation tone for her, how would you assist
- Say if a client asks you about the most unsuitable makeup style for her, what would you suggest?
- Try selling me a lipstick of your most favorite brand.
- What are the effects of complementary/analogous colors in makeup?
- Have you ever made a huge mistake when applying makeup to a client? How did you handle it
- If you are required to choose makeup according to lighting, what would you do?
- Please show your best work from your portfolio.
- What do you like about this line of work?
- What are the latest makeup trends?
- How much do you rate yourself in the color wheel and skin tones, on a scale of 1-10?
- Do you have any experience of selling cosmetic products?
- Which is your personal favorite cosmetic brand?
- What methods do you use to clean your tools?
- Have you ever worked with FX prosthetics?
- Share about a time you had a very challenging day at work and how did you manage.
- How do you handle unsatisfied clients, who don’t like their hair and makeup done by you?
- Have you ever had a clash with a colleague? How did you resolve it?
- What is one advice you would like to give your customers about taking care of makeup?