Journalist Interview Questions
These sample Journalist interview questions present you with a snapshot of what qualities and skills to look for in candidates and ask most relevant questions to assess them.
- What do you like to read in your free time?
- What types of stories do you like to work on?
- Who is your inspiration in your field and why
- Who do you think is our competition?
- What do you like about our publication? Suggest some changes.
- Tell me about a time when you worked with various departments to tell a story.
- How comfortable are you in using technology for storytelling? What are your weaknesses and strengths in this area?
- Personally, how active are you on social media? Which social media portals do you use the most
- What publishing software do you use often?
- What is the best way to ensure accuracy in your work?
- How good are you at working with tight deadlines
- What was your role in your previous most successful project?
- Show me some of your best work.
- Tell me about a time when you worked on a story from start to end without anyone’s assistance.