Last updated on Jan 12, 2018
Along with our business and internal computer systems, this website is designed to comply with the following national and international legislation with regards to data protection and user privacy:
- EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR)
- UK Data Protection Act 1988 (DPA)
- EU Data Protection Directive 1995 (DPD)
- Australian Privacy Act 1988 (APA)
This site’s compliance with the above legislation, all of which are stringent in nature, means that this site is likely compliant with the data protection and user privacy legislation set out by many other countries and territories as well. If you are unsure about whether this site is compliant with your own country of residences’ specific data protection and user privacy legislation you should contact our data protection officer for clarification.
1. Information We May Collect
We collect the categories of information set out in sections (a) to (e) below when you use the Service.
(a) Information we collect directly from you:
We collect information from you when you submit information to us or the Service. The following are examples of when we may collect information directly from you:
- Account and test access information such as name, email address, telephone number, work and educational information, details about your professional interests, professional experience and your academic title
- If you submit your CV, we will store any personal data not listed above that you include on your CV.
- When you fill in and submit forms on the Service, including forms submitted at the time of registering to use our Service, conducting assessments, reporting a problem with the Service or requesting further information from us.
- When you contact us via online submission, telephone, electronic mail or regular mail, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- When you complete surveys via the Service.
- When you post comments or opinions to us on the Service or third party website where we have a profile or presence (e.g. on our Facebook page).
(b) Information from the organization that creates your profile on the Service
If you are provided with login details to access the Service through an organization’s account, that organization may provide us with details to create a profile for you on the Service. This can include information such as your name, job title, work telephone number and email address.
(c) Information about how you use the Service
We collect data about how you use the Service such the time you access the Service and duration you are on it, the site you come to the Service from or go to after leaving the Service, selections and choices you make and preferences that you set when using the Service as well as any data you input while conducting any assessment on the Service.
(d) Information about how you connect to the Service
We collect data about the computer or other electronic device (“device”) you use to connect to the Service such as details about the type of device (which can include unique device identifying numbers), its operating system, browser and applications connected to the Service through the device, your Internet service provider or mobile network, your IP address and your devices telephone number (if it has one).
(e) Information about your actual location
We do not automatically collect information about your actual location, other than an approximate location (usually no more precise than city level), which can be determined from your IP address.
In certain instances, our customers who are using the platform may explicitly ask you to provide location information and this data will be stored in accordance with the way personal data is stored on the website.
2. Where We Store Your Personal Data
The information we collect directly from you, about how you use the Service and about how you connect to Service may be transferred to, stored at, and processed at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
(a) Access control
The Data is processed at the Data Controller’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved with the processing are located. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers provided by Amazon Web Services (AWS) providing data hosting services to us under our control. In cases where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of the Service, you are solely responsible for keeping this password confidential. If the password has been stolen or might otherwise be subject to misuse, it is your responsibility to notify us immediately for further action. For further information, please contact the Data Controller.
(c) Retention time
The Data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the User, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and the User can always request that the Data Controller suspend or remove the data.
3. How We Use The Information We Collect
We use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To manage your account and provide you with the features of the Service, validate and keep your personal information accurate. We will use information we collect directly from you for this purpose.
- To improve the Service and to ensure that content from the Service is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device and to display content and features that are tailored to you, your interests and how you use the Service. We will use information we collect directly from you, information about how you use the Service and information about how you connect to the Service for this purpose.
- To provide you with information about products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (in accordance with your marketing preferences). We will use information we collect directly from you for this purpose.
- To determine and predict information that may be of interest or relevant to you. We will use information we collect directly from you, information about how you use the Service and information about how you connect to the Service for this purpose.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us, such as allowing our employer clients to evaluate any test you have taken. We will use information we collect directly from you, information about how you use the Service and information about how you connect to the Service for this purpose.
- To notify you about changes to the Service and address complaints, comments and issues you have in relation to your use of the Service. We will use information we collect directly from you for this purpose.
- To prevent, detect and investigate illegal activities, breaches of any agreements entered into between you and us and threats to the security of the Service. We will use information we collect directly from you, information about how you use the Service and information about how you connect to the Service for this purpose.
- To produce aggregate statistical information and analytics about users of and their submissions to the Service from which individuals cannot be identified.
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the company to provide its services and the company works with several partners to accomplish this. The Personal Data used for each purpose is outlined in the following sections and are covered by the respective services privacy policies:
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- Who provide a service to our company. These third parties will only be allowed to use your personal information in accordance with our instructions and will be required to keep your information secure.
- In the event that we sell or buy or transfer any business or assets (in part or whole), in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller, buyer or recipient of such business or assets.
- In order to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal duty or obligation (including without limitations requests or demands from law enforcement and government authorities and regulators).
- In order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual prohibited activities, including but not limited to, fraud and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person or to prevent financial loss to any person or entity, including Glider.ai, its customers, clients, and other parties.
- In order to enforce or apply any agreement we have with you.
- Business partners who offer a service to you jointly with us. For example, this includes the employer clients of ours whose assessments you have undertaken.
5. User Rights: Access to Information
Users have the right, at any time, to know whether their Personal Data has been stored and can consult the Data Controller to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, cancelled, updated or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for any and all legitimate reasons. Requests should be sent to the Data Controller at the contact information set out above.
This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests.
To determine whether any of the third party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
7. Data Controller
The data controller of this website is: Snapwiz Inc., a United States, California Corporation with company number: 3320641
Whose registered office is at:
39300 Civic Center Dr. #220,
Fremont, CA 94538
8. Data Protection Officer